LCSR`s Post-Doc Positions in Comparative Studies
The Higher School of Economics Laboratory for Comparative Social Research (LCSR) in Moscow, Russia invites applications for postdoctoral research positions in the field of comparative studies.
The job involves:
- working under the direct supervision of LCSR`s Director Eduard Ponarin
- participants are encouraged to pursue their own research in parallel with working on LCSR`s research projects in 8 broad areas:
a) Democratization and government effectiveness,
b) Elite studies and political behavior,
c) Human values and cultural change,
d) Gender equality and gender attitudes,
e) Religion and secularization,
f) Subjective well-being and happiness,
g) Tolerance, nationalism and migration,
h) Social capital, trust and corruption.
- writing research papers for international peer-reviewed journals in co-authorship with the members of the Lab
- participation in organization of the events and other contribution to the Lab’s development
- public presentations of the candidate’s own research to the researchers in the field and the broader academic community
- teaching at the international master program «Comparative Social Research»
The Lab offers access to its software (SPSS, Stata, HLM, MPlus) and Russian data of the latest waves of the World Values Survey and European Values Study which will be collected in 2017.
- a PhD from an international research university in the field of social sciences,
- a strong background on quantitative data analysis and comparative studies,
- ability to work in a team,
- fluent English,
- relevant experience is an asset although not required.
General conditions for Post-Doctoral Research positions can be found here. Appointments will be normally made for one year.
A CV, research statement and two letters of recommendation should be submitted directly to via the online application form by March 15, 2017. Please, note that direct applications to the hiring Laboratory may not be reviewed.
HSE is a young, dynamic, fast-growing Russian research university providing unique research opportunities. For more information about HSE, please visit: Higher School of Economics or contact Ani Muradyan directly: amuradyan(at)hse.ru.