LCSR's Post-Doc Positions in Comparative Studies
The Higher School of Economics Laboratory for Comparative Social Research in Moscow and St. Petersburg, Russia invites applications for postdoctoral research positions in the field of sociology, political science or economics. The applicant’s research in the lab will be focused on cross-cultural comparisons using WVS/EVS, ESS or similar data.
The job involves:
- working under the direct supervision of Dr. Christian Welzel and Dr. Eduard Ponarin
- writing research papers for international peer-reviewed journals individually or in co-authorship with the lab staff
- participation in the lab events, collective projects, and applications
- public presentations of your own research in the lab and the broader academic community
- teaching is encouraged, though not required.
- a PhD from an international research university in sociology, political science or economics
- a strong background in quantitative methods
- ability to work in a team,
- fluent English
- relevant job experience is an asset although not required
General conditions for Post-Doctoral Research positions can be found here. Appointments will be normally made for one year.
A CV and research statement should be submitted via online application form and two letters of recommendation should be submitted by the referees directly to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 15, 2018. Please note that direct applications to the hiring laboratory may not be reviewed.
HSE is a young, dynamic and fast-growing research-intensive university providing unique research opportunities (Higher School of Economics). For more information, please visit the lab site http://lcsr.hse.ru/en or contact Eduard Ponarin at email@example.com directly.