9th LCSR International Workshop «Comparative Social Research»
The Laboratory for Comparative Social Research of the National Research University Higher School of Economics announces a call for the 9th LCSR International Workshop, which will be held within the XX April International Academic Conference on Economic and Social Development. It will take place in Moscow from the 9th till 12th of April 2019. The submission deadline is December 15, 2018.
Workshop topics include but are not limited to:
- human values and cultural change
- gender (in)equality and gender attitudes
- subjective well-being and happiness
- trust, social capital and corruption
- tolerance, nationalism and migration
- political regimes and institutions
- religion and secularization
- cross-cultural data collection and analysis
Keynote speakers are:
- Christian Welzel (LCSR HSE, Russia; Leuphana University, Germany)
- Ronald Inglehart (LCSR HSE, Russia; University of Michigan, USA)
- Hanspeter Kriesi (LCSR HSE, Russia; European University Institute, Italy)
Working language is English. The submission deadline is December 15, 2018. The notification of acceptance will be sent by January 20, 2019.
Please submit to email@example.com the following documents:
- 2 pages Curriculum Vitae;
- 5 pages Project Description: title, abstract of 250 words, main goal, brief literature review, main hypotheses, data description, methodology and preliminary results (Template for Proposal)
- your application should meet the following requirements: (1) the paper should be empirical and comparative (more than 2-3 countries / country regions) using quantitative methods; (2) the topic of the paper should address one of the workshop’s topics or the topics of the LCSR.
The participation is free of charge. LCSR has an opportunity to cover travel and accommodation expenses for the best papers.