Education and academic positions:
- 2013 - present – Representative of Development of International Research, Kiev International Institute of Sociology, Kyiv, Ukraine
- 2006-2013 – Assistant Professor, Department of Sociology, National University of “Kyiv-Mohyla Academy”
- 2012 – Ph.D. in Sociology, Institute of Sociology of National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Kyiv, Ukraine;
- 2005-2008 – Ph.D. student in “Theory and History of Sociology”, National University of “Kyiv-Mohyla Academy”, Department of Sociology, Kyiv, Ukraine;
- 2003-2005 – Honors M.A. in Sociology (major), Lecturer (certificate program), National University of “Kyiv-Mohyla Academy”, Department of Sociology, Kyiv, Ukraine;
- 1999-2003 – B.A. in Sociology (major), Interpreter (certificate program), National University of “Kyiv-Mohyla Academy”, Department of Sociology, Kyiv, Ukraine;
Global sociology, world-systems analysis, world inequality, modelling and prognosis of global and macrosocial transformations, social activism and social changes, futures research, macrosociology, historical and comparative research, stratification of societies, intersocietal relations, social epistemology, social constructionism, interpretive approach, social research methodology, mixed methods research, social anthropology, social structure, social groups, personality, identities, values.
"Proactive Orientation and Individual Activism as Causes of Personal Achievement and Subjective Well-Being" (ongoing)
In this research, the causal influences among proactive orientation, individual activism, personal achievement, and subjective well-being in the world as a whole and in three world-system zones on the basis of World Values Survey 5th wave dataset have been examined. To test the first and in the second hypotheses, a structural equation modeling in MPlus 6.12 was conducted. The SEM modeling results for the entire sample are the following. Hypothesis 1 is confirmed: 1) person’s high proactive orientation leads to intense individual activism which promotes high level of personal achievement and thus contributes to higher subjective well-being. Hypothesis 2 is only partially confirmed: 2.1) person’s proactive orientation does have a direct influence on personal achievement; 2.2) nevertheless, there was found no statistically significant direct influence of proactive orientation and individual activism on subjective well-being. To examine the third hypothesis the multiple group analysis in MPlus 6.12 has been performed. Comparison of regression coefficients for the three world-system zones generated these findings. Hypothesis 3 is only partially confirmed: 3.1) positive influence of person’s individual activism on subjective well-being is the strongest in the core, is weaker in the semiperiphery, and is even negative in the periphery; 3.2) however, there are relatively small differences between degrees of links between individual activism and personal achievement in the three world-system zones; 3.3) moreover, the degrees of influence of all other constructs are surprisingly reverse: they are stronger either in the semiperiphery or the periphery and the weakest in the core.
- Khutka, S.V., Khutkyy, D.O. (2014). NatsionalneSamopochuttiaNaselenniaUkrainy: AktualnyiStan, OsnovniChynnykytaNaslidky. Resultaty Sotsiolohichnoho Doslidzhennia (National Self-Feeling of Population of Ukraine:Actual State, Main Causes and Consequences). Kyiv: UniversytetskeVydavnytstvo “Pulsary”.
- Khutkyy, D.O. (2013).Otsinka Vplyvu Pidhodu do Mistsevoho Rozvytku za Uchasti Hromad u Proektah PROON v Ukraini: Resultaty Sotsiolohichnoho Doslidzhennia(Evaluation of Impact of Community Based Development Approach to Local Development in the UNDP Projects in Ukraine: Results of Sotsiological Research). In Petrushenko, Y.M. (Ed.), Mistsevyi Rozvytok za Uchasti Hromady: Monohraphia (Community Based Development Approach: Monopraph). – Vol. 2. Teoretychni Osnovy Stanovlennia Mistsevoho Rozvytku, Oriyentovanoho na Hromadu (Theoretical Foundations ofCommunity Based Development Approach). (pp. 305-337). Sumy: Universytetska Knyha.
- Khutkyy, D.O. (2013).Empirychni Indykatory Stratyfikatsii Suchasnyh Suspilstv u Protsesi Mizhsuspilnoho Vidboru (Aspects, Criteria, and Measurements of Stratification of Modern Societies in the Process of Intersocietal Selection). Naukovi Zapysky NaUKMA, (Sotsiolohichni Nauky), 148,44-52.
- Wallerstein, I. (2012). Svit 2050-ho Roku Bude Takym, Yakym My Yoho Stvorymo (Uryvok zi Zbirky «Utopistyka: Istorychni Vybory ХХІ st.») (The World of 2050 Will Be the One We Create It (Excerpt from the collection of papers «Utopistics: Or Historical Choices of the Twenty-First Century»)) (D. Khutkyy, Trans. ed. by V. Ishchenko and D. Gorbach). Commons. Journal of Social Critique, 5, 60-64.
- Paniotto, V.,Khutkyy, D.,Grushetskyi, A.,& Kisil, V. (2011). Community Based Development Approach to Local Development in Ukraine: Results of Sociological Research “Evaluation of Impact of Community Based Development Approach to Local Development Implemented by the UNDP Projects in Ukraine Financed by European Union and Other Donors”. Read online
- Khutkyy D. (2011). Kontseptualna Model Suchasnoyi Svitovoyi Systemy Suspilstv: Makrosotsiolohichnyi Pidhid (Conceptual Model of the Modern World System of Societies: Macrosociological Approach).Ph.D. Thesis (Manuscript). Kyiv.
- Khutkyy, D.O. (2010). Kryza Suspilstva chy Svitovoyi Systemy Suspilstv? (Crisis of Society or of World System of Societies?). Visnyk Lvivskoho Universytetu. Seriya Sotsiolohichna, 5, 217-224.
- Khutkyy, D.O. (2010). Yadro i Peryferiya – Rizni Modernosti: Strukturni Nerivnosti Heokultury Suchasnoyi Svit-Systemy (Core and Periphery – Different Modernities: Structural Inequalities of Geoculture of the Modern World-System). In Problemy Rozvytku Sotsiolohichnoyi Teorii (pp. 58-64). Kyiv: Logos.
- Khutkyy, D.O. (2009). Aspekty, Kryterii i Vymiry Stratyfikatsii Suchasnyh Suspilstv u Protsesi Mizhsuspilnoho Vidboru (Aspects, Criteria, and Measurements of Stratification of Modern Societies in the Process of Intersocietal Selection). Naukovi Zapysky NaUKMA, (Sotsiolohichni Nauky), 96,7-12.
- Khutkyy, D., &Khmelko, V. (2008). Makrosotsiolohichnyi Pidhid do Vyokremlennia Osnovnyh Pidsystem Suchasnoyi Svitovoyi Systemy Suspilstv (Macrosociological Approach to Decomposing of Modern World System of Societies into its Main Subsystems). Sociology: Theory, Methods, Marketing, 3,42-54.
- Khutkyy, D.O. (2007). Svit-Systema ta Svitova Systema Suspilstv: Porivnannia Teoretychnyh Modelei (World-system and World System of Societies: Comparison of Theoretical Models). Naukovi Zapysky NaUKMA, (Sotsiolohichni Nauky), 70, 8-12.
- Khutkyy, D.O. (2006). Suchasna Hlobalna Sotsialna Systema: Makrosotsiolohichnyi Pidhid ta Svit-Systemnyi Analiz (The Modern Global Social System: Macrosociological Approach and World-systems Analysis). Naukovi Zapysky NaUKMA, (Sotsiolohichni Nauky), 58, 17-21.